Sunday 24 March 2013

And we shall have snow


Well, who would have thought we'd wake up to a blanket of snow at the end of March? The weather reports in the newspapers have been saying it's more likely to happen this time of year than at Christmas because the air is more moist. Maybe they're right but I can't remember the last time it happened, and I'll be quite happy if it never happens again!


Still, I did enjoy taking these photos of my garden ornaments from the relative warmth of my patio doors: open the door, take a photo, shut the door.

Given the snow and the bitter wind, we rarely ventured out this weekend except for a quick trip to the supermarket for food and petrol. Instead it was another weekend of crafting.


I finally got around to making Easter cards for a couple of friends. The sheep toppers are from Hobbycraft and were a very reasonable £1 for two. They're quite chunky so the cards will have to be posted in padded envelopes to protect them.


And all of the papers were 'free' with various magazines, except for the green 'Easter' which I cut out of an Aldi leaflet! I think this one is my favourite.


I also made this card for my friend's football-mad little boy who turns 7 in April. It only seems like yesterday that I was holding him when he was a few days old!

The card had to undergo a bit of a repair job this morning. I'd bought some flat rubber football toppers but, when I came downstairs, they'd all fallen off - looks like sticky dots weren't strong enough to hold them. Luckily, I still had some of the paper so cut out the footballs instead.


I also did a little baking using this spice. Can you guess what it is? It's the key ingredient in a traditional Lancashire treat and all will be revealed in my next post.


This afternoon, Chickpea finished her decopatch letter. I've been surprised and thrilled how much she's enjoyed doing it - maybe we've found 'her' craft at last? I'm convinced everyone has a craft in them and it's just a matter of elimination to find the right one. Or ones in my case.

I also think she prefers crafting with someone else rather than on her own. So, while she was decopatching, I was sat next to her working on this applique picture. I'm soooo excited about this and can't wait to show you the finished result! Hopefully, I'll get it finished over the Easter weekend which for me starts on Thursday - 5 whole days off work. Yippee!

4 comments:

  1. I'm very intrigued - are they cumin seeds? I'm trying to guess what kind of baking they will feature in! Looking forward to seeing your applique picture, too.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Easter cards are just lovely. Love the snow photos too... I have no idea what the little seeds are!
    M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been busy - love the sheep x

    ReplyDelete