Sunday 14 September 2014

Weekend flora & fauna


I've been home alone this weekend as Chickpea has gone to spend a few days with her boyfriend. Usually I quite enjoy having the luxury of some time to myself but I'm feeling her absence this time. As well as keeping myself busy with crafting and some necessary housework, I made sure I got out of the house and have been for a couple of walks. Yesterday I walked the path along the golf course and today I spent an hour in the woods. I'm going to leave the photos to speak for themselves.



Blue tit in the bottom left hand corner - I pointed my camera and hoped for the best! I also saw chaffinches and willow warblers but they were both too fast and I came home with lots of photos of empty trees!



Speckled wood



Speckled wood and Small tortoiseshell







I'm pretty sure these are orange mosscaps. The colour was much more vibrant in reality.


No idea what this was but all of them had these dark patches around the edge of the cap.


I also found this pretty little feather. Initially I wondered if it might be from the blue tit but, looking at some photos, I think it may be from a jay - which would be very exciting as I've never seen one around here!

Well, the internet has been driving me crazy while I've been trying to write this, so I'm going to click Publish before it can disappear again! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. x

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a jay feather :)
    Lovely collection of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Julie, a very Autumn feel. We have a pair of Jays at the park, saw them to day for the first time this summer. It's nice to have a little time on your own sometime....
    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tortoise shell is beautiful, isn't it? And lovely berries, I do love Autumn, it's my favourite season. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outdoors at this time of year is just sensational, isn't it? Great butterfly photos. x

    ReplyDelete