Sunday 25 October 2015

This month I've been...


Celebrating...at Mum and Dad's Golden Wedding party. This was taken before most of the guests had arrived. It was a lovely evening full of fun and laughter.




Admiring...the beautiful autumn colours. The photo of the rudbeckias was taken yesterday after a heavy shower which is why they're so wet.


Harvesting...elderberries to make elderberry gin. It should be ready just in time for Christmas cocktails :-)


Auditioning...fabrics for my latest journal quilt. I'm a tad behind as this one is for June!


Tidying...my fabric drawer after pulling out all those fabrics. So satisfying but, alas, unlikely to stay this way for long!


Starting...a new crochet blanket. The pattern is Maybelle Square by My Rose Valley. The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK.


Continuing... to crochet my other blanket. Stylecraft Special again.



Walking...in Tatton Park.


Listening...to the bellowing of a stag as he marked his territory.

 


Strolling...through the woods today and hunting for interesting fungus.

So that's been my month so far: a curious combination of lethargy and busyness. Apologies for not having been around much and for not visiting your blogs either. I'll try to do better into November. However, there's still a few days of October left and I'll be back later in the week with a Halloween treat. x

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been keeping very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that stag photo is amazing!
    Love your crochet work, please come to my house and sit and crochet with me, that would be so much fun!!
    We just got back from England, we were there for almost two weeks! AND my in-laws had the most gorgeous blackeyed susans too, that is what I call them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pictures and looks like you have had a lovely month.X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have been having a lovely time, so loving the crochet work, that's all I have been doing (crocheting) these last few months, so easy to pick up and put down when time is to short to do any thing else, the dark evenings is a great excuse to pick up the hook :)
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you have been productive. Both kids are gone and I seem to have less time? I have been busy with finishing the garden - drying parsley today - and trying to keep on top of the bumper crop of apples!

    ReplyDelete