Tuesday 17 July 2012

Blue snood


I've recently started knitting again after not doing any for about 20 years! This was a free pattern, Lazy Lace Snood, which was part of a Deramores Knit Along, though it no longer seems to be available.

The pattern specified Rowan Alpaca Cotton but, as I wasn't able to source any in the shops around here, I used Wendy Osprey instead (shade 2684, Stonewash). I find the Deramores web site really useful for finding alternatives to different yarns or for details of the yarn content and weight.


I've made complicated aran sweaters before so this was an easy make for me and I found the rhythm of the simple pattern very soothing. I did make one change in choosing to make the snood much shorter - more of a cowl than a snood - so that it just pulls over your head instead of needing to be wrapped around.


I was also pleased with my yarn choice as the Osprey turned out to be lovely to work with: very soft and nice stitch definition.

All in all, I really enjoyed my journey back into knitting and have already started another project. But more about that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment