Sunday, 22 July 2012

Crochet in reverse

Today I thought I would be blogging about my new round crochet cushion which I've been excitedly making over the last couple of months. Instead, I'm staring at a pile of undoings. Sigh.

I should have known there was a problem when the second side was smaller than the first despite having the same number of rows. At first I thought it was a problem with tension. However, when I came to join the two sides, it eventually became obvious that there were fewer stitches in the second side. 

I could have fudged it and made the sides join, but my perfectionist streak won over. I checked each row starting from the middle and found the fault in the third row. So, only twenty rows to undo then...

With several balls looking alike, I had visions of getting halfway through a row and running out of yarn. So I carefully labelled the mini-balls so it's clear which round to use them in.

Oh well. At least I got another blog post out of it! The Ta-dah! moment will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment