Wednesday 1 January 2014

Photo Scavenger Hunt: December

And so 2013 has drawn to a close and the New Year has arrived. I think December's Scavenger Hunt photos are a good reflection of my Christmas which was a perfect mix of quiet and busy times. Thanks once again to Greenthumb of Made with Love for organising the Hunt.


Silver : Frosty the snowman tempting us in to buy lots of sparkly goodies to decorate our homes.


Movement : Less tempting to me was this fairground ride, entertaining the shoppers. I am never ever ever getting up there!


Candles : Carols by candlelight - one of my favourite moments every year.


Religious icon : The crib at church.


Words : Merry Christmas!


Shiny : Baubles on the tree.


Window display : Candles and poinsettias in my window.


Christmas : Dinner at Mum and Dad's.


Cake : Mum's Christmas cake with icing as white as the tablecloth.


25 : On a dustbin, no doubt filled with the remains of the festive period.


Recipe : Ingredients for the festive season and mine was lucky enough to contain all of them.


Celebration : Seeing in the New Year with friends of my Mum and Dad and the sounds of Big Ben. Today we have my parents and my daughter's boyfriend and his parents coming to dinner. On the menu is Nigella's ham in cola. I've never made it before but it's looking good so far - fingers crossed!

Thank you all so much for visiting during 2013 and your lovely comments. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2014. xxx

11 comments:

  1. What a festive set of photos, like the card with the recipie?
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are great - a lovely Christmas collection and I love your 'recipe'!
    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking part in the scavenger hunt over the past year, I always enjoy seeing your photos. You have so many great photos in this months collection I can't pick my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos right from the get go! What a shot of looking up at that fairground ride ~ I'm with you, never get me up there. For some reason, many people love such things...;) Your Christmas dinner looks delicious and hope your recipe for dinner turned out well. Happy to hear you enjoyed a lovely Christmas, and hope you and your family have a happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nativity photo is my favorite.

    Nigella makes ham in cola? She stole that from a Southern kitchen, I swear! ;-)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these posts! I especially like the 'movement' photo it is beautiful and very atmospheric. It has been a pleasure reading your blog this year and getting to know you a little. Wishing you a very happy 2014!
    Marianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are fantastic but I think frosty the snowman wins first prize!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, your photos are great! It looks like you had an awesome Christmas. I loved your takes on movement and recipe! Have a happy, happy new year with your loved ones. Somehow I feel that 2014 is going to be a better year all around the world! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome photos- I love the movement one- and saying that they are all great:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ham in cola??? Oh my, your movement one is terrifying!!! Why oh why do people do it??? X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these photos, especially the way you interpreted 25, that was fun. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete