Friday 31 January 2014

Photo Scavenger Hunt: January

The first Scavenger Hunt of 2014 and thanks once again to Greenthumb of Made with Love for hosting it. I struggled with a couple of the words but got there in the end. Here's my entry:


J is for...? : Well, it couldn't be anything else could it? I've had this bracelet since primary school but only recently rediscovered it.


1pm : We wept with laughter watching the celebrities and their baking attempts in Bake Off.


Measurement : Measuring ingredients for a Woo Woo cocktail (vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry juice).


Colour : Carousel horses.


A corner : Of a modern building.


Hats : Woolly bob hats in the sale.


Stamp : When I was younger, you could buy packets of stamps at the newsagents to put inside your collectors album. These from Hungary were by far my favourites: the artwork on them is just stunning.


Looking down : At my weed and moss-covered patio. It's not all bad as there are alchemilla mollis and campanula seedlings here too.


Crowd : Ducks, geese, swans, seagulls - all crowding round in a confused tangle for bread. The swan got just a little too close so we made a sharp exit as soon as this photo was taken!


Natural : There's no question this is natural.


Fruit : And vegetables in a wooden trug.


Roof : A very ramshackle one!

If you've been inspired to take part, the list for February is no available at the Scavenger Hunt site. x

************************************

Finally, a quick but warm 'hello and welcome' to my new followers and commenters :)

16 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Such a lovely set of photos! I especially enjoyed the log with the question mark (clever!) and the roof tops (thought provoking and a little sad!). I still have to finish my post ~ Yikes! ~ hopefully today! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Love your view of the world :-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, I love your scavenger hunt posts but especially those birds. What a great shot you got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A terrific collection of photos ~ starting off with a perfect J choice. Good ideas for 1 p.m. and measurement. Also the carousel is beautiful and fits the category so well. That's quite an amazing building, which you cornered just right. Those stamps are magnificent and can see why they made such an impression on you. Smart to get away from the swan...;) Also loved the question mark in the log. All great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great things for the different categories, I like the stamps, they are like little works of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, I remember buying those packs of stamps and sticking them in my album, I wonder what happened to it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great collection of photos - I like natural, fruit and corner a lot but stamp has to be my favourite - what beautiful stamps - as Amy said above, little works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember buying stamps like that as well. Love the picture of the fallen tree and the geese.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh fun. I used to get the stamp packets too - too bad they don't do that anymore. The birds are wonderful - well, everything is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very nice collection. I remember collecting stamps like that too - must find my stamp albums. Also like the pics of the carousel and rooftops. The tree stump was a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos Julie, I especially like the crowds of geese.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice photos. I like the sound of that Woo Woo Cocktail. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great. I always enjoy your photo scavenger hunts and I think "roof" and "corner" are especially good. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love,these! That swan IS close- I didn't notice him at first! The corner us great too! I had a great Icelandic stamp on a Christmas card which I list in the intervening weeks, it was a lovely animal one like yours. The fruit and veg trug is,great!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photo's. Love Stamps, Corner and Looking Down. Isn't it interesting how we interpret the subjects?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your photos! I wish I could've seen the celebrity cooking. That would've been very amusing! :)

    ReplyDelete