Monday 30 June 2014

Photo Scavenger Hunt : June

The end of another month and time for for another scavenger hunt. Thanks as always to Greenthumb of Made with Love for organising the hunt.


B is for...: Bee!


10am : 14 June, writing a shopping list whilst having breakfast.


Spoon : A couple of spoons from my Mum's collection. She told me that the one on the left is called an Apostle spoon. The one on the right belonged to her Auntie Maggie and we think it's at least 40 years old. For those of you who can't read upside down, it says Gwrych Castle.


Puppet : I used to have a penfriend who lived near Nice, France. When I visited, her parents took us over the border into Italy to a restaurant in Sanremo. I assume that the restaurant was called Pinocchio's as the owner gave me a small one like these as a souvenir. I still have it and was going to take a photo for this category but decided to show you this one from a market stall in Verona instead.


You again : Great crested grebe on our local lake. It doesn't live here but just pops by on a regular basis, usually on its own but sometimes with a friend.


Water : Our local lake.


Habitat : My favourite little patch which always teems with wildlife.


Soccer : A few lads, a patch of grass and a ball and you have the ingredients for a game of football.


Calm : Our local lake again. It literally was the calm before the storm as I could hear thunder behind me as I was taking the photo. It was the week of the most spectacular thunderstorms with the most lightning I've ever seen and some places having a month's worth of rain in an hour!


Man made : Sculpture of a man, made by a man in a local town.


Open : Shop sign.


Steam : One of the processes during the making of beer at Robinson's brewery in Stockport. A few of us went on a guided tour at the beginning of the month. Highly recommended. That's the tour not the beer - I hate beer!

If you'd like to join our merry scavenging band, why not head over to look at the categories for July? x

18 comments:

  1. Great finds!! I especially like the picture for Steam! I bet that no one else has that one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I particulraly like your habitat one - you can only imagine the thousands of minibeasts to be found in that patch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! Another great collection ~ Calm was spectacular! I wanted to step into your habitat and enjoy! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your interpretations of the June scavenger hunt. My favourites are puppet, steam and manmade. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie, quite like this idea, if I get chance I might have a go this week.
    Have enjoyed reading through your last three posts on Verona .
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You managed to make "puppet" relevant and un-scary. Huzzah! And you know you're from across the pond when "soccer" becomes football, yeah? ;p My fave photo, however, has got to be "10am". There's something visually intriguing about it - like a story untold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun hunt and a great post! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection - I like your man made, what an interesting bit of art, and your water photo is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos, especially man made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos! The bee is just stunning, so perfect. And I love the man-made sculpture and the puppets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt. So many great photos, I really like your photos of b, water, puppet, well they are all great. Greenthumb.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy your scavenger hunts, Julie. I especially love the shop sign, and I want your EB circus mug, it's fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Mum had a spoon collection which my daughter is now adding to. Great photos.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the manmade one - we have a similar sculpture, although laying on its side, in a local town. The bee photo is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your manmade sculpture and Open sign.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, I hate beer too!!! Great Grebe and the footie shot was cool!!! That sculpture is very striking and you've captured it perfectly! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the little bee pic and man made is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic scavenger hunt photos. I especially like the one with the little Pinocchio toys.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete