Sunday, 18 May 2014
Ten random things
I've really enjoyed reading your entries for 'ten random things' and thought I'd join in. Here then, are ten random things about me.
1. Apart from living in Liverpool and France as part of my degree, I've lived in the same village all my life.
2. I have blue eyes and freckles.
3. My big toes curl up at the end. It's a genetic thing as Chickpea has it too, not because we both wore badly fitting shoes growing up! It makes buying shoes difficult as the toe box needs to be quite deep. However, it would have been very useful if I'd been a ballet dancer, though with my short legs that was never going to happen.
4. I get travel sick. When I was younger, we only went on holiday to places within an hour's travelling as that was how long the tablets lasted. Boats are the worst.
5. My first job was on a fruit and veg stall on a local market while I was studying for A levels.
6. I've been writing to my American penfriend since 1982. We had been writing for 22 years before we met for the first time and have now met 3 times. I'm saving up to go again in the next couple of years to coincide with one of those big birthdays.
7. When I was at school, I dreamed of driving around France in a Mini with a guitar and a crochet granny square blanket. I did spend time in France but can't play the guitar and still haven't managed to make a blanket.
8. I was in the school relay team and ran the 3rd leg. I love running but had to give it up because it was affecting my back: I still miss it.
9. Apart from giving birth, the only time I've been in hospital was to have my wisdom teeth removed.
10. I've seen Bryan Adams in concert 8 times. He's gorgeous.
Hope you enjoyed those random facts. Like everyone else, I could have given hundreds more; maybe another time. x
To end, a random photo...
The top photo was taken a couple of years ago on Crosby beach when we visited the Antony Gormley statues. You can see more photos and read about it here.