Friday 5 June 2015

Day 5: Fly a kite


Day 5 and I was struggling for an idea. I've not had a moment to myself all day and I'll be going out in a few minutes to have a birthday drink with my Dad. What could I do? Then I remembered an idea from Louise's list: fly a kite!


I bought this when Chickpea was little and it has survived throwing out sessions through the years. It's a soft sled kite from Early Learning Centre - I don't know if they still sell them.


Off we rushed to this patch of open land, hoping there was enough of a breeze. Up and down I ran trying to catch the slightest puff of wind.


Up it goes!




And down it comes. Phew! The kite is pooped and so am I!

There wasn't really enough wind so it didn't get up very far: we'll try again another day. I'll also make sure it isn't inside out! I only realised it was when I looked at the picture on the box when we came home!

If you're looking for an idea, I'd highly recommend this one. It was great fun, I laughed a lot and feel quite exhilarated. x

7 comments:

  1. That looks like great fun. I don't own a kite but I often browse them on the internet, tempted to buy! I'm so indecisive though and there are so many to choose from, hehe! Glad my list inspired you!

    Oh, and I keep forgetting to say - thanks for letting me know about the poster / post change - I did notice that myself and wondered if she'd change it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Julie, well done for getting that kite off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like fun! Have not flown a kite since I was a child.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!!! Glad you had so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brill idea. It looks like you had great fun. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so much fun! I have never had the chance a to fly a kite...but I really want to now.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would have taken off in the wind we have had over the weekend...
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete